Kitchen Remodeling – revamped island

by Deb McCormick on September 17, 2011

in Home Improvement, Homemaking

I’m so excited my friends! My kitchen remodeling project is done. Now I have more counter space and since we always do buffet style, it gives me more room to spread the food out and also the plates as I’m fixing them for the kids. Hubhunk also made a side for bar stools so we can use it to eat on as well.

Before

During

STOP!!

and pay attention to this next picture. Because I deserve it.

A moment of silence please.

That’s me. Working. In my mask because of the fumes.

I’m so awesome.

(OK moving on…)

Get off my leg!

Finished!

Pretty cool huh?

I love it.

And my snack I had afterwards?

Oh yes I did!

Sometimes it feels so good to be bad.

Runnermom-jen September 17, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Well, that snack looks awesome! Why have I never thought to do that? ;) And the island looks great!
Runnermom-jen laughed psychotically while writingScavenger HuntMy Profile

Deb September 18, 2011 at 12:49 pm

thank you – and oh yes, you must try the snack sometime.

Caitlin September 17, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Go you! Love the DIY Mum moves, which should totally entitle you to any snack you choose!

Enjoy your kitchen. I can remember our kitchen reno in our first home. Absolute bliss when it was completed.
Caitlin laughed psychotically while writingThe Boys Trip to CairnsMy Profile

Laura September 17, 2011 at 11:09 pm

that’s one snack I’ve never had before. Your kitchen looks great and super functional! And I can’t get over how much your little girl looks like you in that picture.
Laura laughed psychotically while writingMy Trendy OutfitMy Profile

Deb September 18, 2011 at 12:48 pm

thank you! I think she looks like me too – especially my baby pictures.

Audrey September 18, 2011 at 9:19 am

looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!! Now you just need two of THESE: http://www.bar-stools-barstools.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=768
Audrey laughed psychotically while writingWE´RE ENGAGED!My Profile

Deb September 18, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Gorgeous. If they were about 20 bucks i would sooooo have them. These are a tad out of my price range. I love you!

Patty September 18, 2011 at 9:44 am

Just love it, Deb! What a great job! Having an island is the best part of my kitchen; it gives me a place to hide while I create.

You need a sign like I have hanging over my sink window….”Be Careful How You Address the Queen” It gives me such a sense of enpowerment while I’m in my domain, lolol

My compliments to Hubhunk!
Patty laughed psychotically while writingHey there, Grandma!My Profile

Deb September 18, 2011 at 12:46 pm

oh – I must get one of those signs!

tracey September 18, 2011 at 11:22 am

it looks beautiful! fabulous work

RaeBeth McGee September 18, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Beautiful. I can’t wait to one day own my home (or be on my way to) so I can do remodeling like this. At this point, we can’t do anything to the home we rent. Our landlord is very fussy and wants everything white. It drives me nuts.
RaeBeth McGee laughed psychotically while writingDay Eighteen- Something You MissMy Profile

Georgia Girls September 19, 2011 at 11:54 am

How nice! Just makes you feel good all under, doesn’t it? I am fortunate enough to have a s.i.l. who “does that kind of thing”. Enjoy!

Kim September 19, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Wow-looks great and I’m so impressed you got in there too! Way to go!
Kim laughed psychotically while writingWordless WednesdayMy Profile

Kathy September 21, 2011 at 10:08 pm

I love DIY projects! Yours turned out very nice. I’m sure you will enjoy the extra counter space :)

Sally September 27, 2011 at 2:50 pm

wow what a cleaver idea, love the way you’ve incorporated the seating area without taking up any more space. Lol at your indulgence of “badness” looks scrummy
Sally laughed psychotically while writingFab new FREE SVG/PDF CHALLENGE blogMy Profile

Val October 17, 2011 at 1:20 am

Holy cow. That snack. I’m screwed now that I know about that! I just bought a huge football team size bag of chocolate chips from Costco. Ugh. Your counter is beautiful and your “let go of my leg” picture is hysterical!
Val laughed psychotically while writingFall Gardening Progress…finallyMy Profile

Deb October 17, 2011 at 9:38 pm

thanks so much. I’m a sucker for chocolate chips – I can eat them right out of the bag.