Sandwich Cookie Cake

by Deb McCormick on February 21, 2012

in Food

I finally got around to using a cookie pan set my mother bought me from her store (Williams-Sonoma). When it’s all said and done, the cake should look like a big cookie.

There is something not quite right about it. It looks good, but I think I should have trimmed off the bottom half of each cake  so it would stack flatter. It kind of has an hour glass look. But that didn’t matter anymore after I took a big bite out of this baby. Delicious!

You could make this cake using regular cake pans. I used boxed chocolate cake mix. The key part to this is the frosting. And I’m going to give you the recipe so you can try this yourself if you want.

Quick Buttercream frosting

4 1/2 cups confectioners sugar

12 Tbs unsalted butter (softened)

3 1/2 Tbs milk ( plus more, if needed)

1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Pinch of kosher salt

Mix together and beat until fluffy ( usually about 3 minutes)

( If frosting is too dry add more milk – 1 tsp at a time, until it is creamy but still holds peaks)

The kids approved.

See ya later – alligator.

Debbie (@MsMcMadness) February 21, 2012 at 10:36 pm

New Blog Post~~ Sandwich Cookie Cake http://t.co/uiZzfnyg

Laura February 22, 2012 at 7:19 pm

my favorite part of your food pictures is the little bodies in the background. I imagine them just waiting for the picture to be taken so they can dig in!
Laura laughed psychotically while writingScotcharoosMy Profile

Irene (@ImASillyMami) February 22, 2012 at 9:00 pm

How delicious does this look! Sandwich Cookie Cake http://t.co/Q2m4duqk via @msmcmadness

Irene February 22, 2012 at 9:02 pm

That looks absolutely delish! I can’t wait to try it.
Irene laughed psychotically while writingDeath Came Knocking AgainMy Profile

Deb February 25, 2012 at 5:15 pm

yes it is heavenly!

Tracey February 22, 2012 at 9:31 pm

That looks awesomely yummy—ooooo, but i think I might want ice cream in the middle of mine.
Tracey laughed psychotically while writingMy "never want to" bucket listMy Profile

Deb February 25, 2012 at 5:14 pm

ooooh – didn’t think about ice cream. That’s a great idea.

Sally February 23, 2012 at 2:53 am

yum…..
Sally laughed psychotically while writing148 Downloads in less than 24 hours!My Profile

joann mannix February 23, 2012 at 10:55 am

Holy Guacamole! That thing looks absolutely scrumptious! I am bookmarking this, so my girls and I can make it right after we go to William Sonoma. Conveniently, I have a gift certificate for that marvelous place. Thanks for sharing your pics and recipe!

dog training Classes Seattle March 2, 2014 at 9:31 am

Hi friends, how is the whople thing, and what youu desxire to say about
this post, in mmy view its in facct remarkable in favor of me.
dog training Classes Seattle laughed psychotically while writingdog training Classes SeattleMy Profile