So, I got my first mean comment

March 26, 2012

in musings from my somewhat sane mind

It was barely light outside. There was still the chill in the air from the overnight temps. I poured myself a  hot cup of coffee, added a little sugar and my french vanilla creamer, then sat down at the computer to enjoy a few moments to myself before the kids woke up. I opened up my e-mail and took a sip of coffee having a lovely “me” moment, when BAM! I’m hit in the face with an e-mail from someone named anonymous. It was my first mean blog comment.

It took me a moment to digest it. Wow, what a mood kill, anonymous. Oh and anonymous, there is this little thing called “humor”. Have you heard about it? A lot of us mom bloggers use it daily in our blog posts. Just so you’ll know.

On another note – remember my blog post about us digging a ditch to run water and power to the Alpaca shed? Well, the whole project was a disaster. The ditch digger David rented broke down. We had to wait several hours while the rental place brought us another one. Several precious hours of good weather and daylight. We couldn’t get it finished before it got dark and then over night the rains came. And I mean, they really came with a vengeance.

Now we have this gorgeous man made stream running about 300 feet through our back yard. And the weekend is over – David is back at work and it will have to stay this way until next weekend when we can begin again. We will have to rent the digger again and do it all over because the ditch filled back in with some dirt and there is about a foot of water still puddled inside the ditch.

Alpacas are like children that never give you any trouble. They never challenge fences. You can put up one strand of rope and they treat it like it is solid wall, never trying to get through it. So to keep them away from the ditch we made a make shift fence out of twine until we can get started again to complete this project.

I would tell you about how the kids argued all the way to school this morning over who’s window had the most condensation on it, but I’m afraid someone might take me seriously and tell me to not over react.

Have a lovely day everyone (except anonymous).

P.S. To anonymous – Pack yourself an emergency Bad Mood Kit and get off your behind and grab your share of sunshine. (this is meant to be funny – just so you’ll know)

Kim March 26, 2012 at 9:06 am

I don’t know why someone felt compelled to write that and the only thing I can think is they are in a sour mood and regretting 6 kids?? Anyway, hope the ditch work gets completed without any more issues. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, right? :-) Hang in there. Look into those big Alpaca eyes and remember how much you fell in love with them. Funny that twine will keep them in.

audrey March 26, 2012 at 9:48 am

Yeah! Why even write anything hateful! Just keep it to yourself. Don´t let it get to you mom, because that person wanted to hurt you and make their effect on you. Be bigger than that and dont let it bother you! love ya!

Mirjam March 26, 2012 at 10:44 am

Yeah, that was a pretty mean comment! And I hate the fact that it was anonymous. I thought the post was pretty funny. Is there any mom who has NOT felt like that when their kids were sick? And why the name calling? Oh I’m just getting myself worked up now..I will stop. But I really don’t get that, mean hateful person with way too much time on his or her hands.

Rosann March 26, 2012 at 11:15 am

Wow! That was such a rude comment! So sorry, but love your attitude in how you’re dealing with it. :) I haven’t had a rude comment yet, just an angry, bitter wife type of comment on a post I did about loving an unemployed husband.

Char March 26, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Wow, that was harsh! I’m sending you a virtual hug because it’s tough enough taking care of sick kids without having to deal with random people being insensitive too!

Queen of the Couch March 26, 2012 at 2:13 pm

It never stops being shocking, either. I have been the target of a LOT of hateful responses. I deleted those that were threats of violence and the ones that wished death upon my children. It is amazing how much vitriol people will direct at a personal blog. Especially, when the topic isn’t a polarizing subject.
PS-Your kids are gorgeous!

Sandy March 26, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Why do people that do crappy things have to hide behind the “anonymous” tree? There is such a thing as constructive criticism and this person must not know of it’s existence. You handled it like a pro. Bravo!

Tracey March 26, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Apparently anonymous does not have kids, or does not have kids that have ever been sick. What a jerk face. And THAT is NOT meant as a joke!

Ashley March 26, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Wow! It never ceases to amaze me the things people will say. Seriously!

Deb March 26, 2012 at 11:56 pm

Thanks everyone. It’s so nice to read your supportive comments! :)

eschelle March 27, 2012 at 11:32 am

I have the condensation on the windows problem too.. gonna have to invest in a dehumidifier… soo pricey though!!!

meanie blog comments suck… mommy never taught them to shut it if they have nothing nice to say!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell March 27, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Awwww, sorry about the mean comment. :( That is so interesting that they won’t bother to get through a makeshift or real fence!

Erin March 29, 2012 at 10:31 am

Hi! I just found this post over at The Blog Frog and even though it’s my first time here, I too wanted to chime in. Cruel anonymous comments are so hurtful, but always remember that anyone who feels compelled to spew their nameless hatred on someone’s personal blog is nothing more than a sad sack with too much time on their hands and no healthy outlet. You’re better than them, but I’m sure you already know that. <3

Have a wonderful day, and keep doing your thing!

Erin

Deb March 29, 2012 at 9:00 pm

thanks everyone. You all have made me feel better. Love ya.

Runnermom-jen March 29, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Oh my goodness!!! Why don’t people just click away if they don’t have anything nice to say?
I was right there with you with the sick kids…it’s HARD!!!
So did you reply back to them? I probably wouldn’t have been very nice.
xoxo

Deb March 29, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Jen – I did reply back with a comment but then deleted it. I just didn’t want to see a reply from me posted to her/him.
The thing is – I was just joking with that blog post.lol At least that is what I was aiming for. Maybe it did come of as whining.

PETERSON May 26, 2012 at 5:59 am

hello dear how are you doing hope good, we love to be a friend, can u pls add me for a chat in yahoo, so we can get to know each others better, of fb Peterson antony……

Officerswife33 (@Officerswife33) March 31, 2012 at 9:49 am

So, I got my first mean comment http://t.co/2oqUDYxL via @MsMcMadness

JadeLouise Designs (@JadeLDesigns) April 1, 2012 at 11:36 pm

So, I got my first mean comment http://t.co/HLWPFdB9 via @MsMcMadness

AGENT AFOLABI May 26, 2012 at 5:54 am

HELLO ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SUGAR MUMMIES. HURRY NOW..Hear are some sugar mummies looking for a young boy who is very good in bed and from 18years and above. Send your name,location,age,occupation and the age of your partner via: +2348054441710. and call after 5-mints

PETERSON May 26, 2012 at 9:00 am

HELLO ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SUGAR MUMMIES. HURRY NOW..Hear are some sugar mummies looking for a young boy who is very good in bed and from 18years and above. Send your name,location,age,occupation and the age of your partner via: +2348054441710. and call after 5 mints

AGENT LARRY August 30, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Hurray!!! have you been searching or trying to get your life partner like sugar mummy or sugar daddy.And you haven’t got it yet.Here is an open widow for you NOW!.Am Mr larry a professional Agent that suite your desire of what you are looking for.So contact us today with your NAME,AGE,LOCATION,OCCUPATION,EMAIL, and the age of your right partner for quick response via +2347057474783.Then after you text all this information,you call us back in an hour time.

Await your swift reply,